Happy Friday, friends! In keeping with my little tradition of sharing how I pack lightly for business trips, I wanted to give y’all a peek inside my bags for my upcoming trip this weekend to Pensacola. I’ll be speaking at the Creative Founders Conference, and I couldn’t be more excited to pour into these women, share what I know about both branding and Instagram, and learn alongside them from the lineup of talented speakers who will be there.
Since this is a trip all about education, empowerment, and learning to uplevel our businesses, I don’t want to be worrying about what to wear or how to pull together a look that makes me feel confident while still coming across as somewhat put together. Because somehow I don’t think these ladies want to see a speaker decked out in yoga pants and a top knot, right? So to avoid all potential embarrassment, I’m sticking to a color palette of blush, white, stripes, and a pop of olive green. Over the years that I’ve been packing light, I find it’s easier to create a color palette and mix and match pieces that work within those parameters, rather than try to pull together wholly separate looks.
Here’s what I’m taking with me:
- Madewell white tee
- Madewell blush v-neck (my personal favorites! I have several in a rainbow of colors)
- GAP jeans
- F21 olive utility jacket for chilly nights and to add visual interest to simple looks (similar here and here)
- Striped t-shirt dress for an easy ensemble
- Blush maxi skirt for dressier dinners (similar)
- Rose-colored faux suede dress with scalloped detail
- Nude pointed toe flats
- Tan Chelsea boots
- Sseko Designs dusty rose tassel clutch
I realize that I haven’t shared what I take along to care for my skin before, so I thought I’d give y’all a peek inside my makeup bag as well:
- Metallic gold leather Cuyana travel set (given as a gift, and I love them so much!)
- OSEA cleansing milk – Full disclaimer: I have really sensitive skin and this is the most gentle cleanser to remove makeup!
- OSEA Eyes & Lips moisturizer
- OSEA Advanced Protection Cream – for my aforementioned sensitive, dry skin
- Herbivore Pink Clay exfoliating mask
- Clarins Beauty Repair Concentrate – my go-to serum
Whenever possible, I like to travel with just one carry-on and this bag has been my go-to for almost a year now. I love how versatile it is, the separate compartment for shoes, and how easily it washes post-travel! I wanted to mention that it’s currently on sale for 30% off, which I think rarely happens for this brand. (Not a sponsored post, I just love my bag that much!)
I can’t wait to share my full recap of what’s sure to be an amazing conference so soon! Until then, here’s to spending less time stressing about what we’ll wear and more time building authentic relationships with those around us.
P.S. Some of the above links are affiliate links. As always, I only share products I fully believe in and have tested myself for quality.