On Tuesday, I shared the importance of investing in business education through hiring a mentor or business coach. But not only that, I also talked about when it’s time and how to figure out whether or not you are ready to invest in that kind of intentional education for yourself and your business.
Today, I want to share more about my personal experience and some of the big wins I’m celebrating in 2018 as I look back on all that I accomplished as part of working 1:1 with a business and marketing strategist.
What business coaching has done for my biz in 2018
I’m such a big believer in investing in yourself. And I think one of the most important aspects of being an entrepreneur is adopting a mindset of becoming a lifelong learner. I personally think if we ever reach a place in our business where we think we know it all, or we feel we are above a certain level of education, then we unintentionally are robbing ourselves of some really great moments of clarity, truth, and actionable education that we could discover along our business journey.
So instead, I dedicate a lot of time and energy to hold myself accountable when it comes to fostering a sense of hunger for education.
Over the past six years, I’ve been humbled and honored to have access to great educational experiences. Whether that’s through speaking opportunities at conferences and workshops or attending my very own retreats, I’m blessed for every encounter.
But after walking through those experiences and investing in a few online courses along the way, I knew a few years ago it was time for me to really invest in something more.
For me, I knew I would thrive under the 1:1 accountability of working with someone individually. So I sought out to find my now business and marketing strategist, Amber. And over the years we’ve been working together, I’ve celebrated some really big wins in my life and business.
TAKE THE TIME TO CELEBRATE THE BIG WINS
The other day, I was sitting on the couch enjoying a cup of tea with my husband, Armon, and reminiscing on all the good things 2018 brought us.
We started to count all the things I’ve accomplished as a result of working 1:1 with my business and marketing strategist and honestly, I was blown away at everything it brought to my life. Now, I don’t share this to brag or come across as boastful.
I share these wins to encourage you, fellow entrepreneur, with the truth that if I can do this you can to.
As I take this time of year to celebrate the amazing year that is almost over, I want to paint a picture of what is possible if you invest in yourself. If you partner with the right expert to help you move forward, and if you are willing to do the work.
Here is what I’m celebrating this year:
- I not only created my signature course for designers, the Brand Strategy School, but I launched it twice in 2018. That meant two rounds of this five-week course with two incredible groups of brand designers and strategists!
- On top of that, I crafted some amazing offerings to reach fellow designers right where they are through my free bi-monthly trainings, the Designer Strategy Chats.
- I launched a totally passive digital product and accessible download for fellow designers, the Brand Strategy Bundle, that includes my go-to guides I use with my own branding clients to help hone their vision, ideal clients and so much more.
- We celebrated my most successful and easiest Illume Retreat ever as we sold every single seat to this intentional retreat experience in a matter of days simply by using email marketing funnels.
- I grew my team by two incredible members and have counted myself lucky to do life and business with them every single day since.
- And finally, I created and launched my inaugural six-month group coaching and mastermind program, the Heartfelt Brand Society.
- But more than all of that, I’m celebrating a deep sense of fulfillment as I’ve improved my 1:1 client booking rates simply because I’m able to connect more consistently with my ideal clients every single day. And I’m able to offer a more elevated experience for all these intentional changes I’ve made.
FINDING INTENTIONAL BUSINESS COACHING TO PROPEL YOU FORWARD
Now, like I said earlier this is not about sharing flashy goals I’ve accomplished or big wins I can cross off my to-do list. I share all of this to let you know that if this is possible for me, then imagine what you could do if you were intentionally working with someone who could help propel you forward.
When looking to work 1:1 with a business and marketing strategist I wanted to partner with someone who could help me get to where she was faster than if I tried to navigate that journey myself.
Over the past six years I’ve been in business, I’ve spent many moments of endless Googling followed with so much time spent in trial and error. But instead of moving forward at that slow snails pace, I would much rather invest a little bit of time, money and energy into an approach where someone could help get me to where I want to go faster than I could get there on my own.
So friend, if this all is something that resonates with you. If you think about the beautiful dreams tucked inside your journal or the ones you carrying close to your heart for months now, I’d encourage you to think about this.
What would it look like to cross those dreams off your list as you make them reality?
What would it feel like to look back at the end of 2019 and celebrate all the wins—both big and small—that you accomplished as a result of working with someone?
I think there is so much power in celebrating how far we’ve come.
FOCUS ON MAKING YOUR DREAMS A REALITY
As entrepreneurs it can be a slippery slope. We get used to going from one thing to the next and we don’t give ourselves the space to celebrate.
So this week, I’m celebrating all the things I’ve done in 2018. I’m giving thanks to the incredible people who’ve helped me make these dreams a reality. And I’m dedicated to giving back to fellow entrepreneurs in 2019 as I pour all of my experience and so much of my energy into my group coaching students as we focus on making their dreams a reality.
If you are ready to make 2019 the year you take action on your biggest and brightest business goals, then I’d encourage you to join me and 9 other like-minded creatives inside the Heartfelt Brand Society. This is a six-week group coaching and mastermind program for creatives just like you.
Kicking off in January we will dive into an intentional approach that teaches you how to elevate your brand strategy, woo your ideal clients and transform your bottom line as we make your most heartfelt dreams a reality.
You can apply for the Heartfelt Brand Strategy here! Once you apply, we will jump on a 1:1 call to chat if this group coaching and mastermind program is a good fit for your life and business!